At TASOK, we believe in excellence, integrity, and inclusivity.
As learners at TASOK, we strive to be:
This past week, we dug into the meaning of some of these terms, and each scholar took time to consider with which descriptor he / she most identifies. As we continue to grow as “fifth grade thinkers,” our desire is to develop each of these qualities in ourselves and to recognize and celebrate them in one another.
Take a peek at the following video clip from “The Rescuers.”
Bernard, Bianca and… the Bottle
Like you, Bernard and Bianca are scholars striving to soar. Each character has areas in which he or she soars, is stretched, or is striving towards. Using the terms from the TASOK Learner Profile, how would you describe each character?
Complete the form below as you REFLECT on “The Rescuers.”
Periodically, we will take time to REFLECT on ourselves as learners. Click here fora peek at a paper version of our self-reflection form, which might be useful as you think about Bernard, Bianca, and… YOU!
After reviewing the paper version of the reflection form, take a moment to complete the online form below, reflecting on learning habits demonstrated during Week 1.
- Read for at least 30 minutes each night. Complete the online reading log or one on paper.(Copies are available in class).
- Watch a video clip of “The Rescuers,” and complete “The Rescuers: Profiled” form.
- Reflect back on Week 1, and complete the “Reflection: Learning Habits” form.
Note: Homework is due on Fridays.
**Check back later in the week for additional homework related to in class discussions and activities.
- Library is scheduled weekly on Mondays from 9:30 – 10:10 a.m.
- Bring your book bag and books.
- P.E. is scheduled weekly on Mondays and Fridays.
- Come dressed to exercise – sneakers, hat, sunscreen.
- Mix It Up Picnic – Wednesday, August, 22, 11:15 a.m. CHANGED to Friday, August 24, 11:15 a.m.
- Optional: Bring a picnic blanket.
- PTC TASOK 2018 Family Welcome Picnic – Sunday, August 26, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Hamburgers, hotdogs, fries, makemba, ice cream, and cold drinks will be available for purchase OR bring your own picnic food to share with our family.
- Bring your picnic blanket, swim gear, and sports shoes to enjoy the TASOK facilities.
- Trimester 1 After School Activities (ASAs) begin Monday, August 27
- Sign up online this week.
- We’re on Twitter! Follow us @Scholarsare.
- Our first tweet features a booksnap created using Google Drawings.