During the next two weeks, keep your eyes open for examples of STRUCTURE.
As open-minded inquirers, look forward examples of various forms of STRUCTURE:
- artistic / aesthetic
When you see something interesting, take a picture and send it in. If you find links to interesting websites, you can also submit those.
One example of structure I came across this past week is an illustrated example of the periodic table. This table has a very specific STRUCTURE to help organize the elements and understand their individual properties and their relationship to one another.
In preparation for our new country of focus, India, I also found this example of STRUCTURE. This is a screen shot of a portion of New Dehli, as found through Google Earth.
Of course, one of the most famous STRUCTURES in India is the Taj Mahal.
- Official Site: Taj Mahal
- Kiddle: Taj Mahal Facts
- DK Find Out
- Science Kids: Engineering Facts: Taj Mahal
As an inquirer, I became curious about the social STRUCTURE of India. What can you find out from these resources?
As you search for STRUCTURE, think about these questions:
- Form: What kinds of structures exist in the world around us?
- Function: How do structures affect individuals and societies over time?
- Change: How do structural changes have both positive and negative effects at the same time?
- Connection How can structures free us and hold us back?
- Responsibility: How do I operate within structures to sustain or shift them?