Below you will find detailed information about each unit we will cover in this course. New information will be added as necessary so please check back.
Social Studies Unit 1: Five Themes of Geography
Big Idea/Essential Questions:
- How does geography view the world?
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- I can identify the five themes of geography.
- I can apply the five themes of geography to explore environmental issues.
- I can interpret information from various sources and practice identifying and organizing the five themes of geography: location, place, region, movement, and human interaction.
- I can identify and use different types of maps.
- I can establish location on a map.
- I can gain experience with using a variety of sources (almanacs, magazines, maps, trade books, periodicals, newspapers, photographs, and digital resources) to gather information.
absolute location compass rose geography
grid & index human-environment interaction
landmark latitude legend longitude
movement place region relative location
Additional Attached Resources: