Below you will find detailed information about each unit we will cover in this course. New information will be added as necessary so please check back.
Reading Unit 1: Living the Life of a Reader
Big Idea/Essential Questions:
- How do readers have strong habits inside a reading life?
- How do readers know text is important?
- How do readers read with and learn from other readers?
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- I can create strong habits to make my reading the best it can be.
- I can create goals for my reading that are important and realistic.
- I can choose just-right books, so I can be a strong reader.
- I can determine a goal for words/pages read.
- I can pay attention to the pace of my reading to read as much as I can.
- I can see the story in my mind as I read to understand what I have read.
- I can stop, reread and think to clear up confusion.
- I can take the time to figure out unfamiliar words and keep on reading
- I can choose my attitude towards reading.
- I can talk to my partners about the books I have read.
- I can summarize the text and think about the author’s message to talk with others
- I can reflect on ways I have changed as a reader.
clarify envision goal pace
reflection stamina summary theme
Additional Attached Resources: