Below you will find detailed information about each unit we will cover in this course. New information will be added as necessary so please check back.
Science Unit 1: The Earth is Changing
Big Idea/Essential Questions:
- How is the world changing?
- Why do we care that the world is changing?
- How can we reduce the impacts of natural processes/changes on humans?
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- I can analyze and identify changes in a landscape using evidence.
- I can explore erosion by water, ice, wind and vegetation, making observations, gathering data and making inferences about patterns of erosion.
- I can analyze and interpret data from physical and topographic maps describing patterns of Earth’s features.
- I can identify how the earth’s landscape is changing.
- I can develop solutions to reduce the impact of natural Earth processes on humans.
deposition earthquake erosion glacier
landform plate tectonics volcano weathering
Additional Attached Resources: