- Read for at least 30 minutes each night. Complete the online reading log OR one on paper. (Copies are available in class).
- Explore some lessons on IXL.com and / or Khan Academy in the following areas:
- *Number Sense*
- *Addition & Subtraction*
- Logical Reasoning
- **A Scholar has a goal: So far this year, we’ve answered 10,778 questions and spent a total of 101 hours on IXL. What a milestone! Challenge: About how many questions is that per hour?**
- Option: Research the plants, animals, and/or landforms of China in preparation for writing pourquoi tales.
- Reflect back on Week 7, and complete the “Reflection: Learning Habits” form.
Note: Homework is due on Fridays.
**Check back later in the week for additional homework related to in-class discussions and activities.
- Library is scheduled weekly on Mondays from 9:30 – 10:10 a.m.
- Bring your book bag and books.
- P.E. is scheduled weekly on Mondays and Fridays.
- Come dressed to exercise – sneakers, hat, sunscreen.
- Common Writing Assessment– Tuesday, October 2
- There is nothing you need to do to prepare.
- Just be ready to write.
- Buddies – Wednesday, October 3