- Read for at least 30 minutes each night. Complete the online reading log OR one on paper. (Copies are available in class).
- Reflect back on Week 8, and complete the “Reflection: Learner Profile & Approaches to Learning” form.
- Explore the recommendations on IXL.com. These connect directly to what we have been learning in class.
- **A Scholar has a goal: This week, we answered 1,289 questions and spent almost 10 hours on IXL.
- Library is scheduled weekly on Thursdays.
- P.E. is scheduled weekly on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Come dressed to exercise – sneakers, hat, sunscreen.
- Bring a water bottle
- Check your lunch card balance weekly.
Below is a list of upcoming events of which to be aware.
- October 14-15 – PYP Consultant Visit
- October 16 – SeeSaw Parent Workshop – 8:00 am. (SS Library)
- October 14-18 – Congo Week
- All Week – Pagne Contest – Wear your pagne proudly this week.
- Tuesday, October 15 – Denis Copper Wire Art
- Thursday, October 17 – Traditional Dance
- Friday, October 18 -Whole School Assembly
- 2:00 – 3:10 p.m. (CAC)
- Pagne Fashion Show & Awards
- Papy Pemba Dance & Traditional Congolese Music
- October 21-25 – October Break (No School)
- November 2 – Student Leadership Halloween Carnival
- November 6 – Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences
- November 8 – TASOK Night Run
- November 15 –
- 8:00 a.m. – Counseling Workshop
- 2:20 p.m. – Assembly
- Trimester 1 ASAs End
- ES Swim Team in Johannesburg
- November 25 – Trimester 2 ASAs begin
- November 27 – International Day
- November 28-29 – Thanksgiving Break (No School)
We’re on Twitter!
Follow TASOK @TASOKinshasa
Follow TASOK PYP @TASOKPYP
Follow Fourth Grade @Scholarsare
Learner Profile Trait of the Month – KNOWLEDGEABLE
**Check back later in the week for additional homework related to in-class discussions and activities.